- Says the mother with 2 squabbling toddlers and a sick infant.
- Says the student with three “F’s” in Algebra who doesn’t understand the concepts (uh, that was me once).
- Says the husband whose wife stays up most of the night talking online, but insists it’s innocent.
- Says the drug addict on day two of withdrawal.
- Says the plumber who not only didn’t make any money on back-to-back fails on jobs, but cost him $12,000 in repairs.
- Says the person with daily migraines.
What’s God have these people? Or, what can we offer someone at the end of his rope? That “things will get better”? We don’t know that. That “God loves you”? Maybe, but that doesn’t always bless the person wracked by pain or exasperation. How about “God won’t give you more than you can handle”? Maybe, but as Ron Edmonson demonstrates, we have to be sure we get 1 Cor.10:13 right–not just almost right. http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/176380-ron-edmondson-reasons-god-may-allow-more-than-you-can-bear.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=clnewsletter&utm_content=CL+Daily+20140920